How do I manually add a printer to Windows 10?
From speeding up your computer to customizing the settings; there are a plethora of 10 minutes tasks you can perform to improve the functioning of your device. Adding a printer to Windows 10 computer is an easy task that allows the users to start printing the documents immediately after the setup. If you want to add a printer to your Windows 10 computer, but are struggling to know how to keep reading the post and follow the simple instructions.
You can install a printer in Windows 10 using the USB cable; this will make your device a local printer. Also, you can install the wireless printer on your network. Below we have provided instructions to do both:
Add a local printer: steps to follow
- Connect your printer to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Turn on the devices.
- Go to the start menu, open the settings application.
- Click the “Devices” option.
- Choose the ” Add a printer or scanner” option.
- When Windows detects your printer, click on the name, and proceed with the onscreen instructions to install the device.
- In case Windows does not find your device connected, you have to click on the option ” the printer I want is not listed”.
- Now, follow the printer troubleshooting guide to find and fix the problem. It will help you to look for the available printers and that you download the appropriate drivers for them.
Add a wireless printer:
- To Install a printer in Windows 10 on a Wi-Fi network, you can proceed with the instructions below:
- From the printer LCD or touch screen, go to the wireless setup menu.
- Under the setup section, choose wireless LAN settings.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to which you would like to get connected. For this, you must know the SSID. Hover the mouse over the Wi-Fi icon to know the SSID.
- Type the network password to get connected.
In some cases, you may need to establish a USB connection between your printer and computer on a temporary basis to install the software. Else, your printer will be automatically added to the “Printer and scanner” section under the “devices” of the ” settings” menu. In case you find trouble in using The Printer Wi-fi services, you must place your computer closer to the router. In case your device supports the Ethernet connection, you can directly connect to the router and manage the interface.
SO, these are some easy instructions that can help you in add printer to Windows 10 computer wired or wirelessly. We hope that the above steps will let you complete the task without trouble. However, if you are still having issues with The Printer Wi-fi setup, do not hesitate to contact the experts for professional assistance. The printer professionals will help you identify the issue and share useful tips to resolve the problem.