How do I fix Error 303?
The HP Smart test error code 303 occurs when the hard drive or HDD fails the short test. If you encounter this error code on your device, you need to fix it as soon as possible to avoid further issues.
Before you proceed further to troubleshoot the problem, you must take the backup of all the important folders in files in your system as you have to replace the HDD. Once you have taken the backup, you can proceed further with the steps below to fix the air.
Troubleshoot HP Smart test error code 303: steps to follow
Before you remove the hard drive from your system, proceed with the below steps.
- Turn off your computer, do not put your system in sleep mode. Also, disconnect the output device that is connected to your device.
- Disconnect the computer from the power outlet and remove its battery.
- Place your system with its front towards you.
- Secured the open screws of the HDD port.
- Lift the port cover to remove it.
- Lift the HDD, and securely slide it into the left side to release it from the bay.
- Disconnect the hard drive and remove the HDD from the Bay.
To replace the hard drive, follow these steps
- Remove the hard drive connector cable.
- Remove the four rubber isolators, also, the four screws securing the driver bracket rails.
- Remove the Mylar cover.
- Remove the left and right HDD bracket rail with a mylar cover.
Now you have to reverse the process for the resembling and installation of the hard drive. These are the simple steps that can help you to replace the hard drive and HDD of your HP device. Once you have replaced the components, your system will start working again.
We hope that these simple steps will help you to troubleshoot the HP smart test failed error code 303 on your device. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully as they have mentioned in a sequence. The provided guidelines are easy to follow and let you troubleshoot the problem in no time. However, if you are still able to fix the issue, it is recommended to contact the team of experts to get a piece of professional advice. The professionals can help you to find the best possible solution to the problem and make sure that you do not have any technical trouble with your HP device again.